The town is characterized by medieval walls and tidy narrow cobbled streets flanked by rows of reja-fronted houses. It is centrally located between Jerez (30km), Cadiz (40 km), Gibraltar 80 km, Sevilla 100 km and the most beautiful Beaches along the Costa de la Luz, such as Playa Barrosa (30 km).
- The Castle (13th-15th centuries)
- Roman archaeological complex (1st century AD)
- Town Hall (16th century)
- La Alameda (16th century)
- Ducal Stables (16th century)
- Church of Saint Mary the Crowned (Spanish: Iglesia de Santa María la Coronada)
- Castle of Torreestrella (13th century)